Favourite Make Up Remover Products

Friday, 8 May 2015

Favourite Make Up Remover Products



I have always struggled with finding products to suit my skin type as I have oily/combination skin, which is also incredibly sensitive to products that it doesn't like. So getting a good skincare routine down has taken a couple of years of testing brands, and seeing what my skin can cope with.



The products mentioned below are what I have found to suit my specific skin needs.





I like to remove my make up before I cleanse my skin and I’ve found the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Wipes to be harsh enough to get the dirt and make up off with but gentle enough to not cause any irritation, at all, to my skin. These wipes are perfume and colour free, contain no alcohol or oil and all contain Pro-Vitamin B5 which actively restores, softens and soothes your skin as you use them.
(I also use these wipes before I work out at the gym and when I first wake up – Going straight from work I usually have a full face of makeup and these wipes are always my go too!).

 



One of my favourite, most luxurious cleansers is the Emma HardieAmazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm.This balm is quite literally the most moisturising, balancing and gentle facial cleaners I have ever found!! Using the smallest amount ever, you simply warm the balm up in your fingers and massage onto the face for around 30-40 seconds, and then remove with warm water (and optionally a muslin cloth, I prefer to use a muslin cloth as it really makes you feel like you have a deep clean). This balm will take even the most stubborn of waterproof mascara off too.

Alternatively, I use the L’Occitane Immoretlle Milk Make Up Remover which is a cheaper alternative to Emma Hardie but is just as effective and gentle. This make up remover comes out in almost a cream consistency and is so easy to massage onto the skin, I find that one pump will do all my whole face and d├ęcolletage plus eye makeup.








To attempt to keep spots and blemishes away I like to use a gentle but effective exfoliating facial wash and depending on how I’m feeling my skin needs I alternate between the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser or the St Ives Invigoratin Apricot Facial Scrub. Both of these products give your pores a real deep clean and make your skin feel so awake and ready to take on the moisturisers or serums or balms you’re going to rehydrate it with.
The Biore is more targeted at helping to get rid/prevent spots where as the Peach Facial Scrub is more aimed at getting rid of dead skin cells and reawakening your skin.





Emma x



I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment