All Good Things Smoothie

Tuesday, 1 September 2015

All Good Things Smoothie
 
I wanted to share with you my favourite smoothie recipe for post workouts or as my second breakfast, as I have 5 – 6 small meals a day, as smoothies are majorly under rated for their health benefits, providing you use the right ingredients, and are such an easy way to get all the goodness into you.

Yes, juices are a great way to get all your vitamins and nutrients into you but your body is missing out on the majorly good stuff, the pulp of the fruit!! I love smoothies because of how thick they can be and how filling you can make them, so there perfect for breakfast if you’re not into cereals, milk, bread, eggs etc. Plus they just make you feel healthier for drinking them. As part of my journey this year I am trying to find myself through exercise and healthy eating, and for me smoothies are the best way of healthy eating. A great article on smoothies can be here on hbfit.com 


The following smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen fruits; I mix it up and use both or either, if you’re using Fresh fruits make sure to add some ice in to make it extra cold.

The Good Things:

2 Mugs of Blueberries
1 Mug of Mixed Berries (These can include Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Red Currants etc)
1 Healthy handful of Spinach (or half of an Avocado if you prefer it to be creamier)
3-5 Pieces of Banana (Just less than half a Banana)
Water or Apple Juice – Add however much you like! I tend to add half, blend and then see how thick it is.


Optional:
½ Teaspoon of organic Honey
1 Teaspoon of Caocao powder
1 Teaspoon of Almond Butter
1 Heaping Tablespoon of Porridge Oats (Makes the perfect breakfast)
Add your fruits/vegetable into your blender, if you want to add in the optional extras - I always do, and add in your Water or Apple juice then blend, blend, blend until thoroughly mushed together. You can then grab a teaspoon and taste test to see what it needs more of - this also gives you the perfect chance to check out the consistency and see if it’s thick or thin enough for you.  
If you would like to see more posts like this don’t be afraid to comment down below, or give me a nudge on Instagram/Tiwtter! 

I would love to see your snaps if you recreate this smoothie so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram/Twitter or use the hashtag #RealistSmoothies


Emma x

I have not been sponsored to mention any of the above products, all opinions on these products are based on my own experiences.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment