#ProjectForeverBody Part 1 - My Supplements

Monday, 9 May 2016

#ProjectForeverBody Part 1 - My Supplements 

If you haven’t seen my post explaining this whole #ProjectForeverBody series then what have you been doing, hiding under a rock? But thanks to hyperlinks you can read all about it here. So, today were focusing on supplements and in particular what supplements I take to aid my body/training.
 
Shop my look here - http://www.ninabroze.com/
 
As a thank you, if you use the link above and the code “ EMMA “ in combination you will receive an exclusive 20% off your order!!
 
So to start with lets go through what supplements I actually take and when; MyProtein CLA & Thermopure (tablet form), MyProtein Impact Whey Protein (powder form), IMEDEEN Derma One (tablet form) and Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy (powder form). At the moment I’m finding this combination to be the most effective for fat loss/maintaining muscle mass without running myself to the ground, plus with the added benefit of the IMEDEEN I look healthier.


6:45am-ish I tend to take the MyProtein CLA & Thermopure, and the IMEDEEN Derma One first thing in the morning with my first breakfast, I consume 5-6 meals a day; So I give my body a kick start with the CLA & Thermopure but also to ensure I’m looking after it on the inside out with the IMEDEEN.
NOTE – I CYCLE THE CLA & THERMOPURE OUT EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS.

MY PROTEIN CLA & THERMOPURE – These two supplements are most commonly known as ‘fat burners’, which they are but only when used correctly. You should never ever use ‘fat burning’ supplements in replacement of a healthy and active lifestyle, like ever, you will do your body so much harm it’s unreal. But when used as part of a healthy and active lifestyle these supplements can contribute to the normal energy-yielding metabolism and also contribute to the function of the immune system. 

Disclaimer: Caffeine is a powerful stimulant. Not suitable for anyone under 18, pregnant or breastfeeding women, anyone with hypertension (high blood pressure), heart disease, or people who have sleep problems.



1:30pm-ish Then with my lunch I’ll have a 50g Serving of the MyProtein Impact Whey Protein mixed with 200-250ml of water, this is normally in conjunction or in replacement of 3rd/4th meal. At the moment I’ve got the Vanilla flavour, which is the bomb.com but I have tried Strawberry – Too sweet for me and Chocolate Brownie – Amazing but too sweet after a while.
MY PROTEIN IMPACT WHEY PROTEIN – Protein is an amazing thing because it enables you to build muscle whilst also reducing your fat percentage (provided you follow a healthy and active lifestyle). I have this Protein twice a day and always the notice the difference when I’m cutting because it will enable the maintenance of lean muscle mass.  This protein is ideal for anyone looking to increase their existing daily protein intake


8:30pm-ish I’ll start taking the Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy just before/during my workout to aid my muscles - BCAA, known as Branch Chain Amino Acids, are one of the most used supplements in sports nutrition. BCAA's are made from three essential amino acids called Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine that scientists have been combining for years in a 2:1:1 ratio to supplement the high protein diet of athletes and people who train -

OPTIMUM NUTRITION AMINO ENERGY – Branch Chain Amino Acids are amazing, completely underrated bloody amazing little things BCAA’s work in your favour, they reduce the rate of protein breakdown which in turn aids muscle growth! New studies have shown that dieting groups supplementing with BCAAs (like leucine) increase muscle retention and maximize fat loss much more effectively than non-supplemented groups.



9:45pm-ish I’ll have another serving of the MyProtein Impact Whey Protein mixed with 200-250ml of water to start the recovery process for my muscles.

I am not a medical expert, nor do I hold any medical qualifications. I am currently studying to become a Personal Trainer (this includes Level 2 Gym and Level 3 PT) so anything shown in this series is based on my own personal opinions and experiences. I advise that you always see your GP before making any lifestyle changes.

What supplements do you take? Have you ever tried any of the above?

Emma x

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment